During these times of social distancing, marketing is more important than ever. Buyers are less likely to view as many homes in person so you want to provide enough data to get serious buyers into your home.
As of today, there are still buyers looking for new homes. Some have already sold their home and have an urgency to find a new home as their possession day gets closer, others may have a lease that is ending or is in a home they can no longer afford. The low-interest rates are also making it possible for some people to get into the housing market.
Some examples of marketing that should be considered are:
- Professional photos. This will be the first impression of your home that invites a buyer to dig deeper into the online information and resources.
- Virtual tours. These are a great way to showcase the most notable features and design elements of the home.
- Highlights of the community. Whether by photo, write up, or video it is important to highlight the neighbourhood amenities as the location is one of the most important factors when buying real estate. Almost anything can be changed in the property except the location.
- Measurements and floor plans.
- Digital 3D walkthroughs. Interactive digital tours allow a buyer to experience themselves in the home before they have to step inside.
By providing exceptional marketing tools and resources it will help ensure that only serious buyers will view your property increasing the likelihood of an offer. Showings will be minimal during this time so it’s best to ensure that you’ve provided potential buyers with the tools and information they need to make a decision.
And of course, if you or anyone in your home are sick, showing symptoms, may have been exposed to Covid-19 or should be in isolation, advise your realtor and remove your home off the market during that time to reduce the risk of potential exposure to, or the spread of COVID-19.