DOWNTOWN CORE, EAST VILLAGE, VICTORIA PARK
*THRIVING URBAN LIFESTYLE
East Village, Victoria Park, and the Downtown Core are vibrant urban communities located in the confluence of the Bow and Elbow River. The public spaces of these thriving historic communities blend events, culture, shopping, dining, and outdoor activities. Discover independent retailers tucked into historic buildings, chic cafés nestled within innovative high-rises, sought-after restaurants that shape Calgary's exciting culinary scene, an energetic nightlife and so much more.
With the abundance of residential and corporate office skyscrapers, Downtown Calgary has a significantly larger population than that of other Canadian cities of similar size. Calgary’s core boasts Stephen Avenue (8th Avenue SW) which is a pedestrian mall lined with historic buildings containing retail stores, restaurants, cinemas, and drinking establishments as well as two malls. The Core Shopping Centre and the Scotia Centre are bordered at either end by the historic Hudson's Bay Company store and Holt Renfrew's upscale department store. Other iconic attractions in downtown Calgary include the Devonian Gardens in The Core, the Calgary Tower, The Glenbow Museum, Olympic Plaza, Arts Commons, Telus Convention Centre, Studio Bell, and Calgary’s new Central Library.
The newly revitalized East Village offers two kilometres of RiverWalk™, urban parks and heritage buildings. The bridges and pathways conveniently connect the East Village to other Calgary neighbourhoods, the innovative parks (St. Patrick’s Island, Crossroads, Music Pavilion) provide a perfect place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city, and the carefully-restored historic buildings are a reminder of the early beginnings as one of Calgary’s first neighbourhoods.
The EV community offers ample coffee, dining, and shopping opportunities. The Simmons Building includes Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters, Charbar and Sidewalk Citizen Bakery, Rooftop Bar and there are many other shops and restaurants in this thriving community.
There are many housing opportunities in the East Village including the modern condo towers defining the skyline.
- Fuse (Evolution Phase I) and Pulse (Evolution Phase II) by BOSA Development's offer a range of spacious well-appointed condo suites with views that will take your breath away. Complete with a rooftop garden, spacious outdoor space with lush landscaping and a range of fitness and wellness amenities.
- FIRST, by FRAM+Slokker, gives residents 18 storeys of well-designed living space just off RiverWalk.
- Verve, a chic and contemporary tower by FRAM+Slokker, is the first EV condominium along The Riff pedestrian street.
- N3 by Knightsbridge, just a block from the city core, is accessible and affordable giving you downtown living at its carefree easiest.
- East Village also offers a wide arrange of rental apartment buildings.
Victoria Park dates back to the late 19th century but is now a modern urban Oasis. This neighbourhood is easily accessible via the Victoria Park/Stampede LRT station and several bus routes will also bring you into the area that is filled with restaurants (a few of our favourites include 10 Foot Henry, Native Tongues Taqueria, and of course Village Ice Cream), corporate offices, and retail shops. Home to Stampede Park, BMO Convention Centre, and the Saddledome, Victoria Park is a hub for events in Calgary.
Victoria Park offers an abundance of condos. A few of the most notable towers include:
- Keynote Towers offers modern architecture and design and has exceptional amenities including fitness centre, hot tub, guest suites, owners lounge, and bicycle storage.
- Sasso & Vetro have a concierge service, fitness facility, hot tub room, steam room, theatre room, owners' lounge with pool table & wet bar, and a courtyard with cozy gathering spots.
- NuEra & Alura are perfectly located for anyone working downtown and is just steps away from the LRT. Convenient amenities and fantastic views.
- Colours is a spectacular display of an architectural exterior matched by its interior. This condo building offers an above-ground parkade spread over three stories, also plays home to a large area for bicycle storage, and an intimate promenade on the fourth floor, offering space to connect.
- Union Square suites have high-end finishing; standards include nine-foot ceilings, 3/4-inch granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, central A/C, and near floor-to-ceiling windows maximizing the city views.
- Park Pointe Convenience is abundant with concierge service, fully equipped fitness facility, yoga studio, steam room and sauna, lounge/social space with kitchen, guest suite, and comfortable lobby with fireplace and seating.
*click any image for full gallery