3835 8A Street SW
ELBOW PARK - CALGARY, AB
A DISTINGUISHED EMPIRE CUSTOM HOME - OFFERED AT $2,850,000 CAD
A stunning home built by Empire Custom Homes designed into the streetscape of this carefully manicured and private 70 x 175' SW corner lot. You'll notice the beautiful curb appeal and traditional architecture as you approach the home.
Inside you'll experience elegant design and quality craftsmanship including pristine hardwood floors, crown moulding, and a grand foyer and staircase. The open living space allows the south wall of windows to fill the home with bright natural light and provide seamless indoor-outdoor living with doors leading to the sandstone patio, terrace, and south lawn. The Empire kitchen gorgeous features Downsview two-toned cabinetry, granite counters, professional appliances, and is open to the sunny breakfast nook and living room with custom millwork and a sandstone wrapped fireplace. A formal dining room, his/her offices, powder room, and a large mudroom with custom built-ins complete the main level.
Upstairs is home to a large laundry room with dual washer and dryers and 4 spacious bedrooms including the master suite complete with large walk-in closet and spa-like ensuite bath. The lower level offers a great room with a bar, fireplace, games area, media room, and gym.
The sprawling lot includes a large sports court perfect for basketball, roller hockey, or other activities, a south-facing lawn with patio and lower terrace surrounded by perennial landscaping providing a private oasis in Elbow Park.
*click any image for full gallery
- Downsview kitchen cabinets.
- Appliances serviced annually by Rundle Appliances.
- Reverse Osmosis Water filtration system for drinking water.
- In floor radiant heating (hot water) delivered to basement, laundry room, both upper floor bathrooms, and garage.
- Humidification delivered via steam humidifier (upper floor).
- New water softener (2018) latest technology.
- Security system and sound system updated with latest technology (2016).
- Brand new VacuFlo system (2017).
- New washers and dryers (2016).
- New furnace (2018).
- Custom furnace filtration (2018).
- New Dishwasher (2017).
- New DCS barbeque installed in late 2018.
- New main floor furnace (2018).
- Basement tested for radon levels. Readings are far below the limits set by Health Canada and the World Health Organization.
- Complete roof inspection & repairs performed last year.
- Foundation sealed in the standard way (sealer) and also wrapped in a foundation waterproofing membrane during construction to ensure protection from moisture.
- Cedar shingles were hand-dipped before being applied to the house during construction. This step was taken to protect the shingles from moisture on both sides.
- Cedar shakes that were most exposed to elements were re-stained in the summer of 2018.